As part of the Professional Development module we are required to start thinking about work experience and applying for jobs. Below is a list of 10 useful sights that help designers find jobs in the design industry:
- http://www.creativereview.co.uk/jobs - advertises some of the best jobs in several design disciplines
- http://www.creativerecruitment.co.uk/ - "the catalyst that puts together people and companies to create a real spark"
- http://www.ipa.co.uk/ - institute of practitioners in advertising
- http://graduatetalentpool.direct.gov.uk - provide links to graduate internships
- http://www.step.org.uk/ - develop student and graduate placement programs
- http://jobs.designweek.co.uk/ - source of jobs in web design, branding and other design disciplines
- http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/ - alows you to search for available jobs and also has a good careers advice section
- http://www.campaignjobs.co.uk/ - alows you to search available jobs via location as well as discipline
- http://www.bespokecareers.com/ - nicely designed site and are run by a team of designers
- http://www.tees.ac.uk/careers/ - our own uni site has a great careers section
Using these resources will be essential when it comes to looking for a job or internship during the summer. From reading the guardian and the Creative Review blog I regularly see updates on job availabilities but dedicated time must be taken to fully navigate each site to find the right job.