While looking at the job vacancy ads on the links in the previous post I thought it would be useful to compile a list of the recurring themes/traits/skills that an applicant must have:
- interest in the area they are applying for
- fast learner
- ability to work to a deadline
- react to short notice tasks
- work under pressure with high workloads
- express a keenness to work with a team
- work independently
- working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- push themselves to the limit of their capabilities
- design experience
- open minded
- passion for craft
One line I thought was interesting on a job advert found on designweek.co.uk was:
"The agency is keeping an open mind on level of experience. Strong creative and attitude is more important."
Which shows that a good portfolio and professional skills in the interview can get you that job.